Our Fall session is about to start!
On this page, you will find a summary of our Fall 2021 programs. Please note that at this stage our operations are still fully online, although we will be offering group classes both in person and online. Private individual or group lessons are still available for students who prefer more individualized teaching, both in person or online.
Quick Access - Click on the following sections
French classes for adults
A few options are offered this Fall when it comes to French classes for adults:
- Classes taking place in Larchmont;
- Classes taking place 100% online.
- Intensive classes, semi-intensive classes and cultural workshops will be announced at a later date. If you are interested in this kind of classes, let us know. Usually, intensive or semi-intensive classes are scheduled over periods of 1, 2 or 3 weeks. Cultural workshops can be attended on a flexible basis, usually lasting from 1h30mn to 3h. These classes are usually available 100% online, or at our White Plains location.
- If you prefer a more flexible, "à la carte" option, we suggest inquiring about our private lessons. Those can be arranged both for single students or for small groups. Those can be arranged online or in person, in a private location of your choice.
French classes for children and teens
Just like for adults classes, various options are offered this Fall when it comes to French classes for children or teenagers:
- Regular French Classes for children and teenagers will take place on a weekly basis and will currently remain online. They are most suitable for children or teenagers who are either complete beginners in French or have already been studying French with us in the past. If your child has never attended lessons at AFW but isn't a beginner in French, a placement test will be required in order to select the best possible group for them.
- Private lessons for children and teenagers are best if your child has a busy schedule, or if they have specific learning objectives (studying in France or Québec later on, etc.). Our team will prepare tailor-made program depending on your child's learning goals. Private groups may be arranged, both online or offline, in a private location of your choice.
French classes for Francophones
- Des cours ayant lieu à Larchmont ;
- Des cours organisés 100% en ligne.
- Afin de répondre aux besoins spécifiques des grands ados Francophones qui envisagent d'aller poursuivre leurs études en France, au Canada ou dans un autre pays Francophone, nos cours privés seront la meilleure solution. Des groupes privés peuvent également être constitués si plusieurs adolescents ont un niveau et des objectifs similaires.
- Pour les élèves qui souhaitent se préparer spécifiquement à un examen (DELF, DALF, AP French, TEF, TCF, etc.) des cours privés ou des groupes privés seront généralement la meilleure solution. Selon le niveau et les objectifs de votre enfant, un programme sur mesure sera proposé pour lui permettre d'atteindre ses objectifs de façon efficace.
French classes for toddlers and families
- This Fall, our French classes for toddlers are available either in Larchmont or 100% online. These lessons will be ideal for children who learn well through music and games, as well as interacting with their care givers. Care givers attend for free and will also get the chance to learn some French basics! If your child is attending online lessons, their favorite puppets and toys will also be used as learning tools by our expert teacher, who is specialized in early childhood education.
- For families who prefer lessons in the comfort of their own home, private lessons may be arranged, including private mini-groups or pods. For more information, contact us.