Our Summer session is starting soon!
On this page, you will find a summary of our Summer 2022 programs. Group classes and activities are offered both in-person and online, you can find more information on each dedicated pages listed below. Private lessons and pods can also be arranged in person in a private location of your choice. If you're unsure what's best for you, you can also simply contact our team, we will get back to you to let you know which program would best suit your needs.
Quick Access - Click on the following sections
French classes for adults
A few options are offered this Summer when it comes to French classes for adults:
- Regular classes, taking place once a week and running on both July and August. These will be ideal for students who feel like they would like a full recap of what they've been learning with us so far, or for students who would like a gentle start before joining our classes during the next academic year. Teachers will be focusing on reinforcing your existing skills, so don't worry, we promise you won't need to learn new tenses or complicated grammar rules! The emphasis of these classes will be on practice and revisions.
- Intensive classes taking place 5 times per week over a period of 1 week each. Those should be great if you would like to focus on French only for a short period of time rather than for the whole Summer. Those intensive French classes are recommended if you would like to really dive into French, however be prepared, these classes will have a heavier workload. They are the best option for you if you really want to immerse yourself in French, and if you have a lot of free time before and after your French lessons to carry on studying.
- Grammar boot camps are best for students who would like to focus on refreshing their grammar skills. These programs will be running in August, in order to be as effective as possible to support students who are planning to join a regular French class in the Fall, or who are planning to travel to France shortly after. While those courses focus heavily on grammar, they are also designed to help our students improve their communication skills and speaking skills.
- Semi-intensive French classes for adults are best for students who would like to study throughout the Summer and make quick progress, but who feel like they don't have as much time to focus on homework between lessons. As they're scheduled in the evening, they are also ideal for professionals or parents who are busy during the day and cannot commit to taking classes in the morning or afternoon.
- "À la carte" workshops for adults will be ideal if you're going to have a busy schedule and would like to be able to mix and match depending on dates which are most convenient for you. To allow for maximum flexibility, these workshops are offered online, so you can attend them even if you're traveling or visiting family.
- If you prefer an even more flexible, "à la carte" option giving you full control of your schedule and of themes studied, we suggest inquiring about our private lessons. Those can be arranged both for single students or for small groups. Those can be arranged online or in person, in a private location of your choice.
French classes for children and teens
Just like for adults classes, various options are offered this Summer when it comes to French classes for children or teenagers:
- Regular French Classes for children and teenagers will take place on a weekly basis between June 23 to September 14, except from August 1 to 14 when our offices are closed. They are most suitable for children or teenagers who have already been studying French with us in the past and who would like to do light revisions as well as practicing concepts already studied before. While those are formal classes, as usual they will involve games and playful activities so children and teens can learn fun things in a relaxed atmosphere. In-person classes are offered in White Plains, but we're also offering online classes to accommodate for the needs of students who have a busy schedule or who are traveling.
- Summer Camps for teenagers are best if you would like them to focus on French for a short period of time only. Those lessons are mostly recommended to highly motivated students, who would like to improve their French significantly, for example to improve their grades in school.
- Grammar Boot Camps for teenagers are perfect for students who would like a quick refresher about French grammar before going back to school. Those intensive French classes focus on grammar and are offered in August in order to maximize their impact before the school year starts again.
- Summer Camps are the best option for younger children, or for children who are complete beginners in French. Our teachers will plan craft activities as well as songs and games, so your children can learn in an immersive environment without feeling like they're still at school. This option will be best for children who are really creative and love arts and crafts.
- Do your children have very specific learning goals? Or would you prefer learning as a family, rather than letting your children study on their own? Pods or private lessons are probably the best option for you.
French classes for Francophones
- Pour les enfants et ados qui souhaitent entretenir leur français pendant l'été en participant à des activités ludiques (jeux, bricolage, cuisine, chansons, etc.), nos camps en ligne offrent une bonne solution aux familles qui disposent de peu de temps mais veulent s'assurer que leurs enfants continuent à parler le français même s'ils passent l'été aux États-Unis. Si vous recherchez plutôt un camp d'été en personne, contactez-nous.
- Pour répondre aux besoins spécifiques des enfants et adolescents Francophones, nos Pods et nos cours privés seront la meilleure solution. Des groupes peuvent être constitués avec les amis de vos enfants, ou nous pouvons proposer des regroupements avec d'autres familles dont les enfants ont des besoins similaires.
- Afin de répondre aux besoins spécifiques des grands ados Francophones qui envisagent d'aller poursuivre leurs études en France, au Canada ou dans un autre pays Francophone, nos cours privés seront la meilleure solution pour nous permettre de préparer des programmes sur-mesure. Des groupes peuvent également être constitués si plusieurs adolescents ont un niveau et des objectifs similaires.
French classes for toddlers and families
- For toddlers who are traveling this Summer and cannot attend French lessons or camps on a regular basis, our online French lessons for toddlers will be perfect to enable them to keep practicing French at a gentle pace, once a week.
- Our Summer camps for toddlers are taking place in-person in White Plains. These lessons will be ideal for children who learn through music and games, as well as interacting with their care givers. Care givers may attend for free and will also get the chance to learn some French basics!
- Are you traveling this Summer? In this case, our online Summer camps for toddlers might be a better option for you. Care givers can attend for free and are encouraged to let us know what their children's favorite toys are, so our teachers can design lessons truly centered on your children's needs and interests.
- Do you have young children who have an advanced level in French, or who need to follow a specific program, for example if you have a French Heritage or if you're planning to relocate to a French-speaking country soon? Maybe your children have friends they miss, and you would like to organize some French play-dates for them? Pods offer more flexibility for families with young children. Learning a new foreign language such as French is also a fun way for parents to bond with their children!