Sous l’égide du Conseil d’Administration de l’Alliance française du Westchester, le directeur/la directrice dirige, pilote et organise les différents services de l’association : administration, comptabilité, pédagogie, programmation culturelle, communication et marketing, fundraising.
After 5 years with the Alliance Française of Westchester, Rachel has decided to relinquish her full-time Executive Director role,
effective July 31. She will continue to work with the Alliance on a part-time basis. Thanks to her leadership during the very difficult
Covid years, we are well positioned to create a smooth and constructive transition and continue to build on our successes. Bettina will
continue to be in charge of all daily operations while Rachel will remain involved in important AFW projects.
We are deeply grateful for Rachel’s many contributions, commitment and professionalism over her tenure.
The AFW executive committee:
Description of the Executive Director’s missions:
Under the direction of the Board of Directors of the Alliance Française of Westchester, the Executive Director manages, directs and organizes the various departments of the nonprofit organization: administration, accounting, pedagogy, cultural programming, communication and marketing, fundraising.
- Desired qualifications: degree in French as a foreign language or other degree with relevant experience. A degree or experience in pedagogical coordination/human resources management and/or marketing/communication/event management would be a plus.
- Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken.
- Networking, negotiation, diplomacy
- Autonomy and decision making
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Open-mindedness, high availability, flexibility
- Experience in administrative and financial management
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Interest in francophone arts and culture
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in teaching French is a plus.
Type of contract for jobs: Full time
Please note that AFW is not able to sponsor the work permit and visa of its employees. It is therefore necessary to already have a valid work permit and a visa allowing you to work in the United States (L2 visa, etc.), or to have a status allowing you to work in this country (American citizen, permanent US resident holding a green card, etc.).
Send resume and cover letter to the attention of the Board of Directors at email@example.com. Include "AF Westchester Executive Director Application" in the subject line of the email.
Length of Employment Contract:
1-year fixed-term contract (renewable). The ideal candidate will be available for a minimum of 3 or 4 years.