Fall 2022 - Children & Teens Classes - 100% Online
Product Code: FAL22_CLS_CHD_15_GN_PRG
Does Alliance Française offer lessons for children and teenagers? Bien sûr !
Our pedagogy is based on providing a fully immersive learning environment adapted to children and their developmental
needs, so at this stage lessons focus on teaching all 4 skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Younger
children will learn mainly through songs, games and playful lessons, while teenagers will be given more opportunities to learn through
videos and interactive activities. Although grammar and conjugation won't be the primary focus of lessons, teachers will make sure children
and teenagers acquire all the necessary basics to be able to speak French accurately, and students who are 8 years old or older will
be given the opportunity to take official exams in French if they wish to do so. While an emphasis will be on listening and speaking skills
at first, reading and writing skills will become more important as your child progress, and intermediate and advanced level students will
be expected to be able to write in French with a higher degree of accuracy.
If your child has never attended classes at AFW, you need to contact
before signing up for a class, so we can assess their level.
If your child is a teenager, they must take our placement test. For younger children, an informal interview
will be arranged before the first day of class in order for our team to assess your child's level, as well as to gain a better
understanding of learning goals which are most important to you.
When are lessons taking place?
Lessons will start from September 15, 2022 onward, and will finish no later than June 28, 2023. Our school
year is organized following 3 terms of 10 lessons each, starting in September, January and March or April,
depending on classes. All groups listed on this page are for lessons taking place 100% online.
Our Fall term is running from September 15 until December 17, 2022, although the majority of our classes will be over by
Children and teenagers are grouped by ages as well as depending on their level. Groups
need a minimum of 4 students for the schedule to be confirmed.
Groups currently available:
- 4pm to 5.30pm - Beginner level - 6 to 8 years old
- Tuesdays - 4pm to 5.30pm - Beginner level - 9 to 11 years old
- Wednesdays - 4pm to 5.30pm - Beginner level - 12 to 14 years old
- Wednesdays - 5.45pm to 7.15pm - Beginner level - 15 to 17 years old
- Wednesdays - 4.45pm to 6.15pm - Advanced Beginner level - 13 to 16 years old
- Thursdays - 4pm to 5.30pm - Advanced Beginner level - 9 to 12 years old
- Fridays - 4pm to 5.30pm - Lower Intermediate level - 12 to 14 years old
- Fridays - 5.45pm to 7.15pm - Lower Intermediate level - 15 to 17 years old
- Saturdays - 1.15pm to 2.45pm - Beginner level - 15 to 18 years old
- Saturdays - 3pm to 4.30pm - Higher Intermediate level - 15 to 18 years old
This rate is valid for 10 lessons of 90mn each.
This package does not include AFW membership fees, nor does it include the price
of textbooks and exercise books, or the one year access to our virtual classrooms, necessary for all students. Depending on
your level, the price of textbooks and/or exercise books used in your class may vary. A valid AFW membership is required for all AFW
students. For more information, please check our membership page.